I love Fix it Friday!
Here is what I did. First, where do I want to go with this? I dont prefer blown out backgrounds but they happen and can be used stylishly too. I think this photo reminds me of a fairytale and I could work the blown background into that so I am going to go that route.
1. Cropped- I thought there was too much space below her. Like she was floating in the middle of the photo. I think bringing her down to the bottom corner anchors her better. I also cropped so she was looking into the photo and not out of it.
2. Levels Layer Adjustment – Brighten up the foreground, ignoring the blown out background for the moment. Darkened the blacks a little.
3. Brightness/Contrast Layer Adjustment – Slight increase on both.
4. Ran CoffeeShop’s Perfect Portrait Action (one of my favorite free actions) – I did not adjust the levels adjustments but I brought the levels layer opacity down to 25%. Color Pop at 50% opacity but I masked out her face and masked her skirt with a low opacity brush until it stopped glowing. Used vivid color layer at 90% and only on her eyes and lips which I bushed at 10% opacity. Defined her eyes, nose and lips with 100% brush and brought opacity down to 40%. Lightly dodged her skin to brighten it up with a low opacity brush, about 10%. I also dodged the foliage in the upper right corner to be a little lighter so it looked farther away. Lowered the opacity of that layer to about 60%. I turned the vignette layer off. Flatten.
5. Ran Pioneer Woman’s Lovely Action – Brightened the background a little to make it look like lots of backlight is streaming through the trees. Flatten.
6. Ran Pioneer Woman’s Sunshine Action – Adjusted opacity to 30%. Flatten and Saved.
I love how it turned out!